Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hey!

Hey, wat up, peeps? Lila here! I'm gonna post a little something about me before I have to go to my Annie rehearsal. Like, I tried out for this play, Annie (and if ya'll don't know what Annie is then you guys are pretty stupid), and I got in! YAY!!! I'm an orphan! I don't have a name, like, I'm not a main orphan, but it's still a great roll to have! So anywhoo, I have rehearsal in a little bit; I've got fifteen minutes exactly.



"Ha ha ha!" I laughed, bouncing up and down on my bed. Up and down. Up and down. "No-o mo-ore scho-ooooooool! No-o mo-ore scho-oooooool!" I giggled madly, repeating my victory chant over and over. Up and down. Up and down. "Ha ha! Take that principal Montmoldy! No-o mo-ore scho-ooooool!" I snickered as I imagined Beechnut Academy's principal, Mr. Montmorty, if he could see Lila now. His already purple face would go blotchy and pinched until it couldn't be distinguished from a shriveled prune. Up and down. Up and down.

"Lila," my mom, a tall, middle-aged woman, poked her head around my door, holding a basket full of laundry, "please stop that bouncing; you'll wreck the bed. Grandma Georgina wouldn't like that."

I sighed and the bed springs creaked to a stop as I quit bouncing, my fun ruined.

"Don't forget you have rehearsal tonight," my mom said, balancing the laundry hamper on one knee.

"I know," I nodded. Tonight was the last regular Annie rehearsal. Next week, dress rehearsals would begin. Lila groaned and closed her eyes. As much as she loved being in musicals and plays, dress rehearsal week was always horrid. Cooped up in those hot, stuffy dressing rooms for hours on end, waiting for your cue, which often didn't come as soon as you thought it would due to some tiny mistake someone made. For instance, last year Lila had been in the South Carolina Children's Theater's production of Aladdin. Lila distintively remembered the whole cast having to wait an hour and a half while Aladdin and Jasmine sang 'A Whole New World' fifty cabillion times.

"Lila?" her mom's concerned voice broke through my thoughts. "Are you okay?" My eyes snapped open.

"Yeah," I grunted, "I'm fine."

"If you're feeling poorly you can always skip tonight--" she began in a worried voice.

"No, really, I'm fine," I repeated. "I was just thinking of dress rehearsal week. It's going to be a nightmare."

My mom clucked her tongue sympathetically.

"Yes, but think of all the fun you'll have once performances start."

"Yeah," I grinned at her. "It'll be awesome."

Giving me a smile, she continued past the hall, no doubt to wash a load of laundry.

K, peoples, that's all I have time for. I've gtg. Toodles!

~~~~~Lila~~~~~~~=) =D :) :D

No comments: